Smartphone sales eclipsed PC sales for the first time in late 2010.Some analysts predict mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common web device worldwide by 2013.
Designing for mobile web experience offers a new set of challenges and opportunities for libraries. We need to better understand our users, plan for mobile-friendly content, ensure contextually relevant information, and collaborate with technology partners. On Monday April 23rd, join us to learn from colleagues who are taking their libraries mobile. Light snacks, coffee, and tea will be served.
- Dave Bretthauer, Webmaster - University of Connecticut Libraries
- Amy Deschenes, Systems & Web Applications Librarian - Simmons College Library
- Bobbi Fox, Digital Library Software Engineer & Corinna Baksik, Systems Librarian; Library Technology Services, Harvard University Information Technology - Harvard Library
- Remlee Green, User Experience Librarian - MIT Libraries
- Edward Iglesias, Systems Librarian - Burritt Library, CCSU
- Maura Keating, Reference Librarian - Bryant University Library
- Carli Spina, Emerging Technologies and Research Librarian - Harvard Law School Library
Source and Links To Registration Available At