The integration of mobile devices and free software most innovative modern trends to meet the training needs of today's society: creativity, teamwork, lifelong learning and open collaboration.
Starting next academic year 2009/2010 EOI [Escuela de Organización Industrial = School of Industrial Organization] [Madrid / Spain] students will have a 3G Android mobile phone to tap its potential as a learning tool and network communication. Thus, both teachers and students can share educational resources and communicate with each other anytime, anywhere.
In this sense, the EOI m-Learning project is another step in the adoption of free software and backing for the social web that the School of Industrial Organization has achieved in recent months. This process can be seen both in terms of technological tools (with the integration of Moodle learning platform and communication 2.0 on blogs, social networking and multimedia repositories) as well as the research, with the recent publication of the report The opportunity for free software: capabilities, law and innovation.
Highlights of m-Learning project EOI
From a pedagogical point of view:
- Is part of an educational approach to open learning backbone network throughout the new educational model EOI.
- Is part of the training-skills that are considered essential for long-life learning and networking within the digital age.
- Promotes learning through networked multimedia production by their school community, teachers and students (podcasts, videos, blogs, etc.).
- Expand access to knowledge beyond time and space classes.
- Strengthens social networks among its members and more meaningful learning experience.
- It is linked to the EOI Moodle learning platform within a comprehensive online learning system.
- Explore the educational possibilities of cloud-computing and network management in integrating the Google Apps application sharing in collaborative learning methodology.
- It is an action research project on the practice itself as an educational tool and communication.
“Alumnos, Enciendan Sus Móviles” [Students, Start Your Mobile]
Unplugged, With The School In The Pocket
The Androids Fill Classrooms / Lara Tíscar
!!! Thanks To Lara Tíscar / Deputy Dean in the Digital Culture / EOI / For The HeadsUp !!!