College students are using their I-Phones, Blackberry's and other cell phones constantly. These devices and their applications can be a valuable classroom technology to foster interactive learning and discussion.
How can these devices and their applications be used effectively for teaching and learning?
Join us for this live, 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will learn:
- Keys to using I-Phones, Blackberry's and smart phones for mobile learning
- How to use specific academic applications so that students can study wherever they are
- Cell phone research tips & tricks for college students and professors
- Strategies for using smart phones to facilitate interactive earning
- Keys to Using I-Phones & Blackberry's for Teaching & Learning
Easy ways to incorporate mobile learning into your course
How to use mobile video to enhance classroom learning
Specific academic applications for modern cell phone technology
How to use text messaging to inspire discussion
- Smart Phone Research Tips & Tricks
Academic uses for phones with cameras and texting plans
Ways to send homework, video lectures, and other classroom material
How to access valuable academic information remotely
- I-Phones, Blackberry's & Interactive Learning: What You Need to Know
Essential internet, texting and video services you need today
Advice for handling faculty questions and concerns
Teaching strategies: Keys to successful instruction via smart phone
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered
SPEAKERDebi McGuire is Director of Distance Learning and Professional Development at Wilkes Community College in Western North Carolina .
- Ms. McGuire has been a featured presenter at various regional conferences and also to national conferences in topics that focus on technology and how it can be used to enhance education.
- She teaches CIS 110 Introduction to Computers (which is a transfer course) and also teaches instructors how to use the latest technology that the college offers.
- Ms. McGuire's professional development sessions have to do with Blackboard Learn, Google's Gmail and the Echo system that we use to create videos / digital lectures for classes.
Program Materials will be provided approximately one week before the program date via email with PDF links. Please download the PDF files before the day of the program.
$199.00 for live audio conference and program material.
PLEASE NOTE: Participation in the call is just $199.00 per site and allows access to one phone line for an unlimited number of people to listen. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.